Investing in an IPL laser device is good business sense during these challenging times
The COVID-19 pandemic has overturned many assumptions and beauty businesses that were not prepared to pivot in response to both government and clientele requirements.
However, this past year has shown amazing growth in some beauty areas and a downturn in others.
Although beauty do-it-yourself (DIY) has grown in popularity in some areas such as; nail care, hair care and cosmetics – there still continues to be strong sales growth in non-invasive cosmetic procedures or medi-spa treatments, such as hair-removal and skin rejuvenation.
A recent report on the Global Medical Aesthetics Market forecasts that by 2026 the global aesthetic laser market will be valued at USD 6.06 billion, growing at a CAGR of 16.6% over the forecasted period.
Worldwide the market “is expected to show significant growth in the coming years due to various technological advancements and new product launches in order to improve the convenience and ease of administration of parenteral therapeutics.”
Some of the factors driving the growth are an aging population, technological advancements and an "increasing consciousness among the individuals with respect to their physical appearance,” the report states.
The growth of social media users across all age groups combined with the influence of trend setters has also made an impact on beauty, cosmetic and aesthetic treatments and services that consumers are choosing.
Non-invasive treatments, such as hair removal and skin rejuvenation, are most popular with women aged 35-64, and more than 7-million women fit that demographic in Canada alone.
In another report from The Benchmarking Company’s three 2020 beauty consumer studies, consumers said they are trying to find activities that will lower her stress level during the pandemic, with 80% in 2020 saying taking care of their skin and hair care needs reduced stress.
And, as of September 2020, 52% of previous spa clients returned to have a service performed. Another 22% haven’t gone back yet, but plan to do so as soon as possible.
WHY IS THIS INDUSTRY SO STRONG?
The fundamentals of the industry’s strength – demographics among them – are holding strong.
7) DIY doesn’t apply. Although the past year saw a huge increase in self services in the beauty industry, this came at the expense sectors such as the nail, hair and cosmetics industries – with the cosmetic sector hit the hardest.
However, IPL laser treatments such as epidermal melasma or rosacea to name a few simply cannot be treated successfully or safely at home.
(Shown on the right are before and after photos of epidermal melasma treatment results using the Dermalase IPL)
6) Health Canada medical device approvals. Through the COVID-19 pandemic, the public has come to learn about and understand the Health Canada approval process as they review various potential vaccines, etc for the public. With this knowledge, combined with past media reports highlighting improper laser practices and treatments by providers without sufficient training or illegal devices -customers now what to be secure in the knowledge that their medi-spa devices have a Health Canada approval AND that their treatment technician is certified to offer safe and effective services.
5) Increased comfort. Advanced devices such as the Dermalase IPL have built in shappire crystal cooling systems that make service virtually pain free – while at the same time increasing safety and efficacy.
4) Less risk. More and more clients are adopting healthier wellness lifestyles and that includes choosing non-invasive alternatives to their beauty, hair and skin care treatments. With less potential complications using IPL services and minimal downtime, customers can safely and successfully treat specific conditions such as; Hair Removal, Folliculitis (Ingrown hairs), Collagen Remodelling, Fine Lines, Dull Skin, Pigmentation, Freckles, Age Spots, Epidermal Melasma, Rosacea, Broken Capillaries and Scars.
3) Digital technology. The growth in digital acceptance and use is strengthening customer engagement, building loyalty and facilitating communication to new potential clients. Direct email communication, social media posts etc allow media-spas to stay connected with their clients at the times that the client wants to receive that communication. Having a robust marketing and communication plan and the materials needed to execute that plan are no long just employed by large corporations. Manufacturers such as Nubody offer exclusive marketing materials for their clients.
2) Less costly treatment options. No longer are aesthetic treatments confined to a doctors office. Non-invasive treatments can be performed by certified technicians in tanning salons, hair parlours, beauty shops and other spas or salons with training supplied by the laser or IPL manufacturer.
For example; Nubody Equipment offers professional training and certification for free with the purchase of the Dermalase IPL and also includes an online supplemental training program with dozens of specific treatment videos and lessons.
(Above is a sample of the Nubody online training course included for free with the purchase of the Dermalase IPL)
1) Under-penetrated market segments. As mentioned previously, non-invasive treatments are most popular with women between 35-64 and there are over 7 million in Canada.
However, younger women and men of all ages have not previously been the main focus of laser treatments and there are millions more potential customers and revenue growth to be had in these under served market segments.
(Above is a sample price list that any spa or salon can easily charge their clients and earn over $1500 dollars in 4 working hours).
If you are thinking of expanding your beauty business - the high growth projections a non-invasive IPL laser beauty device can produce - should make it a serious option to consider.
Anatomy of a winning IPL laser and manufacturer
1) Investing in an IPL or laser is a significant purchase and choosing a platform such as the Dermalase IPL with can provide services for all of the following which can make your investment significantly less costly than purchasing a number of separate devices;
• Hair Removal
• Folliculitis (Ingrown hairs)
• Collagen Remodelling
• Fine Lines
• Dull Skin
• Age Spots
• Epidermal Melasma
• Broken Capillaries
2) The Dermalase IPL is the lowest cost Health Canada approved IPL in the Canadian market. Included in the purchase are both a Hair Removal handle and a Skin Rejuvenation handle, each with up to 100,000 pulses.
3) Nubody has the lowest prices consumable handles in the marketplace at just $2,500 CDN per handle.
4) Nubody offers FREE professional training and certification at your place of business for you and your staff with the purchase of the Dermalase IPL.
5) The Dermalase IPL has been chosen as the main IPL training device for many prestigious schools and suppliers such as Blanche MacDonald Centre, CDI College, ICON beauty supplies, Kingdom beauty supply, Purple Beauty Supply and more.
6) Nubody includes free marketing and sales tools through their online client portal, including collateral for print, online digital, video and animation. As well clients receive the monthly sales and marketing newsletter offering tactics, tips and strategies to continue to grow their business and clientele.
If you want to learn more about the Dermalase IPL - the lowest priced, Health Canada approved IPL Laser Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation device manufactured and serviced right here in Canada, including training and certification - just give us a call at 604-788-3413 to book your FREE demonstration.
laser hair removal device, laser hair removal system, laser hair removal machine, laser hair removal equipment, ipl device sale, laser skin rejuvenation machine, ipl, hair removal laser, ipl for sale,